Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I shouldn't have bought that outfit!!!!!

  1. #1
    I*love*dolls
    Guest I*love*dolls's Avatar
    I bought that doll outfit and my brother;s birthday present and now I have only 39 dollars!! I counted up how much money I will have when I go to AGPC and the total only comes to about $110!!! So now I get to buy a doll and, I don't know, like one pair of doll shoes or something!!!!!! I was hoping to buy an outfit and a violin and all of this stuff and now I can only buy one or two things!

    I am soooo bummed. I was bummed when I learned I couldn't go to the benefit sale and I would have to buy less becausew it would all cost more, and now I can only buy like one thing!!!!!

    I really wish I hadn't bought that outfit!!! I don't know if I can return it either.

    ~Hannah~

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Chin up. I could be worse. You could have no trip to Chicago and no money at all to buy more goodies!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe you could do some extra jobs to earn some extra money before your trip like babysitting or car washing.

  4. #4
    I*love*dolls
    Guest I*love*dolls's Avatar

    Post

    Yeah, but I am starting to wonder if there will even be a trip becuase I was going to the benefit sale but I couldn't because of our vacation, so I get to go to the AG Place where I will have to pay more for dolls and outfits and everything, and now I won't even have the money for outfits! I'll probably get a doll and pjs, if I can afford them, but I REALLY wanted to buy Addy outfits because her collection so far is at zippo things, but I can't get her anything! I also like to have a bed for every doll and this doll will probably get her box as a bed. I'll try and decorate it, but it won't be as good as a real doll bed.

    Sigh.....I was just hoping to get more than one thing this time around, the most AG stuff I have ever bought at once was a doll and glasses.

  5. #5
    I*love*dolls
    Guest I*love*dolls's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTEMaybe you could do some extra jobs to earn some extra money before your trip like babysitting or car washing] [/QUOTE]

    Yeah, I can't really do extra chores because when I ask for money after doing them my mom says they are just part of my regular allowance, though.

    My neighbors pay 5 dollars per hour for babaysitting but I barely ever babaysit for them. I have once, and one time they asked me but I was getting sick so I didn't. They should ask me sometime soon....it's been a long time!

    I just thought of something.....we had a talent show at our school and I a skit and was going to do it with my friends but my teacher kept making us change it. Eventually we got sick of having to always do what our teacher made us and I wrote a new skit with my dad and it turned out awesome, and we did it at the show and everyone loved it. Hopefully something like that will happen, I'll get an awesome ending to this.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let your neighbors know that you are willing to babysit. Maybe you could give them a flyer with your rates and qualifications. Only give something like this out to people you know and with your Mom's approval. If you took a course at the YMCA or a hospital for babysitting, put that on the flyer.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What about a yard/craft sale? Can you sew? Do you think you could eBay some outfits you've made?

    Also, yeah, you can return that outfit you bought.

    I always wondered if this would work, maybe it will for you: Could you offer to run errands for your neighbors for a little money? They might appreciate having someone bring groceries or laundry to them.

    Doesn't the AG site have ideas for how to make money?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kikilives's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don;t know when you are going but lemonade stand weather is upon some of us. My kids usually sell more than lemonade at there sales~~they sell icee pops, cookies, fruit snacks, candy, juice boxes, etc... They also usually put out a box of little toys like happy meal toys and just misc. stuff. You could also offer to feed and walk dogs or take care of other pets while people are on spring break or at work. My daughter is always trying to find ways to make money and I always tell her if your willing to put in the work there is always something you can do. Tell your Mom, after you've done your regular chores that you want to do something to make some extra money. My husband pays the kids 5 cents each to pick up pine cones. Whatever you do don't stress, things will work out. Good luck!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the yard sale is a great idea, the weather is getting nicer, you could bake and sell some cookies, get rid of all the old junk you no longer want....people love yard sales...you might make quite a bit of money....I a sure mom and dad would have some stuff they would be willing to get rid of.......It is a lot of work ....but unfortunately that is how we have to get money........if you want suggestions....I am sure we all could come up with some good one.s

  10. #10
    Inactive Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What about not getting a doll and instead getting several items for the ones you already have? Maybe take a doll with you and have her pic some things out?

    I definitely understand wanting to get a new doll and wanting to get a bunch of things at the same time. It can be overwhelming sometimes to want everything and feel like you're not getting much for the money you have. Especially after reading on boards like this one about all the things others are getting or have.

    I've never been to an AGP, but there's a store near me called Friends2BMade. It's the sister store to Build-A-Bear, but instead of stuffing and dressing an animal you stuff and dress a doll. Everytime I go there I want to make another doll, but I also want clothes for the girls I already have (not to mention I want AG things too, lol). It can be very tempting, but I try to think about what I would get more enjoyment from in the long run. And while collecting everything and someday having absolutely everything AG ever made would be pretty cool, I don't think I'd really enjoy it as much as I think I would. Sometimes it can be more fun to just admire the items in the catalog or at the store than to actually own it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •